IM stands for instant messaging. IM is a way of communicating with others through the use of a computer or other mobile device such as an IM telephone.
Not surprisingly, there are great, new products on the market this year; from android phones and high tech watches to multiple use PDAs. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of choices on the market. How do you know what to purchase?
Consider these options:
- Computers. Instant message by adding an IM service like AOL, MSN, or Yahoo to your computer. If you are home the majority of the time this answer may be the bet option for you.
- Blackberry’s keep a handle on messaging quickly wherever you are. Blackberry’s do emailing, web browsing, and more. They are a great tool for people always on the move—especially if they are spending a majority of the time traveling in their car.
- PDAs. A PDA is a handheld Personal Digital Assistant that assists you with organizing daily tasks, calendaring, organizing addresses and phone numbers, and can also be used for IM and phone use. PDAs are a fine solution for a business owner with more on his proverbial plate than he can count.
- Cell Phone companies can charge up to 10 cents for every message you send, but many folks use a cell phone for the purpose of IM. They have all they need—including IM— in one complete unit. Cell phones are sufficient for many of us who work in and outside of the home.
- High Tech Watches. James Bond stand clear! Get IM capabilities as well as the use of a camera, phone, and, with some higher end “spy” brands, an audio/digital video recorder. For the curious and adventurous among us. You know who you are.
The best news in IM technology? IM has gone mobile, and because of that, a business doesn’t have to remain chained to its desk, or someone else’s, in order to receive and respond to a message.